It’s the wine of preference of supermodel Miranda Kerr, lovingly harvested by the moon and masterly crafted in our own Aussie backyard. Organic One Wines come from the Bonic Family Estate in Jerilderie NSW. Since the ’70s they have perfected their craft to a level no other winery has yet claimed in Australia.
My name is Frank Bonic and I’m an artisan wine maker based in NSW Australia. I was initially introduced to wine-making as a child by my parents,which influenced me to study Wine Science. That lead to working as a winemaker for three vintages at Miranda Wines and a vintage at Brown Brothers in Australia. Overseas was beckoning, so I broadened my horizons working on vineyards in France, Italy, Spain, Argentina and Napa Valley, California.
Q2. What got you started in the chemical free industry?
My mother and father always believed in making things the natural way absolutely free of man-made chemicals. Their values are deeply ingrained in DNA.
Q3. What makes your product different?
It’s wine the way it used to be made free of man made chemicals, made using all the living energies around us, working with the cycles, seasons and energies of life. We use No artificial fertilizers, No stimuli, No hormones, No pesticides, No herbicides, No preservatives.
We believe our plants are amongst the healthiest anywhere in the world. We do things a little different:
- We grow in A Low-density arrangement – around 760 vines per hectare. Combined with restrictive growth, this allows for plenty of air to circulate around the plants and the space between the plants immediately reduces any disease pressures.
- Spacing our plants also allows our sheep to roam between the vines. We do this so as to keep the weeds down and subsequently we never suffer from ‘leaf hopper’ problems or yellowing of the vines.
- Due to our growing methods our fruit never suffers from acidic or bitter flavours. Another benefit of our biodynamic practices is that the fruit ripens evenly, as each vine is in tune with its neighbour and environment.
- Our vines have only grown stronger and more resistant to disease problems because of our passion for biodynamic practices.
Our wine is pure and truly uplifting and such a pleasure to drink. See how you feel the next day!
Q4. What has been your biggest obstacle?
Lack of people’s awareness about what they are putting in their bodies.
Q5.What is your most interesting/best TIP to help families reduce their chemical exposure?
My tips would be: grow your own, eat more raw foods and fermented foods, basically adopt an older way of living. Remember the body operates on taste and has incredible healing powers. Do what’s right and don’t buy into commercial rubbish that adds no value to society.
Q6. Is there another non-toxic business that you think is great & would recommend?
Kora Organics by Miranda Kerr and The Divine Company by her mother Therese Kerr.
Go to Chemical Free Wine for details and orders.
Chemical Free Wines list under the following categories:
- Retailer – Single Brand
- Vegetarian / Vegan
- Wholesaler – Single Brand