After having a successful range of men and women’s personal care, it’s exciting to see SAVI ORGANICS launch their new mother and baby line. Committed to using organic Australian products wherever possible and an astringent quality assurance process for all their suppliers, is easy to see why they have received an Australian Organic Best Certified Product of the Year, Cosmetic Award. From shampoo bars to managing the dread locked hair, you will find the Savi product range an interesting collection.
Savi Organics also support the community by donating stock on regular basis to the local cancer groups and providing a safe work place for the local ‘Life Without Barrier’ clients (disability services). Lena from Savi tells us “These clients love to come to our warehouse and help us out wherever they can, and often put a big smile on our faces by being cheeky!”
1. What do you do?
Formulate and manufacture award winning natural and certified organic personal care products with the use of only the purest & high potency organic purest & high potency raw materials.
Our purest line yet is Savi seeDs which is our pregnancy and baby care range. The word seeDs is derived from nature and it’s meaning of every seed and grain will turn into something beautiful when nurtured. The entire Savi seeDs range is manufactured without the use of chemicals and no preservatives and or fragrances are present in the final product.
- Seeds B-Oil (fragrance free)
- Seeds Baby Powder (fragrance free, talc free)
- Seeds Purple Bum (Nappy) Balm
- Seeds Mothers Milk
2. What got you started in the chemical free industry?
Severe skin allergies throughout my life have led me to trying to make a difference and create a skin care line that could be used by people suffering the same problems as I was. Well researched raw materials work with your skin to help you feel and live a better lifestyle.
3. What makes your product or service different?
Personal and we listen to our customers’ needs and desires. We are dedicated to research and the involvement of the local community in product update and development.
Every product is regularly updated to only use the best possible raw materials, all products are tested on a wide variety of people within Australia and overseas to ensure suitability, efficacy and performance.
4. What has been your biggest obstacle?
Consumer perception is evolving due to some great ground work over the last few years. But still there seems to be the belief that there is not much difference between natural and organic. So there is still a lot of work ahead of us to make consumers understand and create a full awareness of truly organic products vs. natural and randomly labelled organic products with no back up to support their claims.
5. What is your most interesting/best TIP to help families reduce their chemical exposure?
- Get multi-use products (body and hair wash, face and body lotion)
- Cook fresh meals,
- Avoid fabric softeners, in-wash fabric softeners and heat-activated dryer sheets pack a powerful combination of chemicals that can harm your health, damage the environment and pollute the air, both inside and outside your home. Refer to EWG’s Skip the Fabric Softeners
- Ditch the bleach. Refer to Nicole Bijlsma the Healthy one Expert
- Use more natural solutions.
6. Is there another non-toxic business that you think is great & would recommend?
Chemical Free Community | Directory – is about education, awareness & making it easy for folks to find non toxic and less toxic alternatives (food, product & services including services such as hairdresser, pest control, vet services, dental, dry cleaning, schools not using chemicals, parks not using glyphosate, speakers, courses etc..) via our online global directory ChemFreeCom.com. We are focused on transparency, B2C, B2B.
- CREATE YOUR OWN USER ACCOUNT FOR FREE – CLICK SIGN UP
You can search for free but save yourself some time and create a log in so you can save your favourite listings to your FAVOURITES PAGE and you can access MEMBERS REWARDS/DISCOUNTS
- LIST YOUR NO/LOW TOXIC BUSINESS NOW – CLICK SUBMIT LISTING OR READ WHY LIST ON CHEMFREECOM.COM
If you have business that offers a no/low toxic option and you wish to list your business on the directory please click SUBMIT LISTING on the top menu and complete the webform. Any questions ? send us an email info-at-chemfreecom.com or call Jillian on 0411 246 133.