Canberra has been ChemFreeCom’d and we love it.
As usual 2017 has been a blink, March already and it’s often easy not to have much to show for 8 weeks into the year. That’s not the case this year for ChemFreeCom. Having only had one day off, it’s all been a buzz of activity to launch the Chemical Free Community in our Australian Capital Territory (Canberra, ACT), home of our Aussie politicians.
We’ve been fine-tuning our strategy for expanding the Chemical Free Community network and think we’ve now got an effective system. We like to roll into a location and connect with amazing like-minded businesses to partner up for a week or two of workshops, movie nights, hang outs, expos and networking meet ups. We get to share some great information and empower the public, as well as gather & connect the local no/low toxic oriented businesses with the primary goal of working together to grow the awareness in the community and cross promote each other’s products and services within the community.
Partnering up with Canberra Chemical Free businesses.
It is amazing what you can achieve in a six week lead up to an event. Leanne from the Australian Health Wellness Summit taught me that after pulling off a successful summit on the Gold Coast last year within 6 weeks. So with my heart in my mouth I threw out a ‘We’re coming to Canberra’ email to the Canberra universe. Pleased to say we received a wonderful response which resulted in events being held over 10 days at
I love working with my Chemical Free Community advisors so I grabbed the opportunity to present workshops in Canberra with Lucinda Curran from Eco Health Solutions who is a very wise building biologist. Together we presented seven speaking/information sessions at the Health Harmony and Soul Expo.
We had a number of local businesses join us in our booth at the Health Harmony and Soul Expo:
- John from Naturally Clean (fabulous laundry cleaner with many stockists in Canberra),
- Lyla from L.S Skincare & Beauty,
- Antonia from Canberra Magic Kitchen and Canberra Honesty Box (the best organic, vegan cater on the planet),
- Nanette & Laura from the Certified Green Salon Academy (fully accreditated certification to learn green hairdressing techniques),
- Masa from Fairlings, online minimalist store that does the research for you.
- Natasa from Mura Pathway to Wellness and
- Glenn from Totally Green Cleaning Solutions
Gathering the Canberran ChemFreeCom Community.
We gathered nearly 40 organic, no/low toxic, chemical free businesses from the Canberra community. We have foodies, caterers, cleaners, cleaning products, painters, textiles, clothing, dentists, beauticians, markets, homeware and health stores, fast food outlets, physical & online stores, health & wellness professionals, building biologists, pain therapists and even added the local natural burial cemetery to the directory. We certainly cover all aspects of life when it comes to decreasing your toxic burden for both you and the planet.
As the 10 days came to a close we took the opportunity to invite our community to meet each other at our Canberra MEET UP. No two meet ups are alike, locations and formats are always different. Sadly we could not secure a local cafe for an evening event so met at a convenient lounge bar.
After introductions and a brief history and vision of Chemfreecom, I love to sit back and watch the incredible conversations and connections unfold. We had the usual business card sharing and then the magic happened. There were requests for quotations, one of our cleaners started gathering business information to create an information pack to leave at jobs, collaborations on all sorts of levels and even a job offer. What a wonderful end to a very busy few months.
We left Canberra with a number of businesses offering their venues for ‘First Steps to Chemical Free’ workshops and movie nights and the desire for another Meet Up. With a plan to be back in Canberra in June, we’ll do a shout out when we confirm future event details and dates.
Thanks to all who supported the Chemical Free Community. It is not often we get to meet our supplier membership in the flesh. It was wonderful to get to know some of our ACT community and share the passion for a safe, clean and non toxic lifestyle.
Until our next visit to Canberra….
The ChemFreeCom team
How to search for Canberra Chemical Free Community members on our global online business directory:
- Go to www.chemfreecom.com home page
- Click on FIND A SUPPLIER (under the ChemFreeCom logo top left corner)
- Enter Canberra in the LOCATION search field – your search results will appear under the search area
- Enter ‘100’ in the Distance – your search results will update
- Browse the businesses, click on the business for moire details.
- To save to your FAVOURITES folder click on the white heart symbol. (You will need to create an account to get your FAVOURITES page – click SIGN UP and enter email and password. This is free – there is no cost)
Other Canberra Chemical Free Community Members
- A & G Painting Services
- Canberra Farmers Markets
- Canberra Magic Kitchen/ Honesty Box
- Capital Region Farmers Market
- Choku Bai Jo
- Claron Park Produce – O’Bryan’s Natural Products
- Clean and Green Products Australia
- CleanService Pty Ltd
- Eco Meats
- Enviroclean Canberra
- Gungahlin Natural Burial
- Guevara Painting Contractors
- IGA Ainslie
- IGA Deakin
- IGA Hackett
- Kinetic Wellness
- L.S. Skincare and Beauty
- Let’s Be Natural
- maa organics
- Mountain Creek Wholefoods
- MURA – Pathway to Wellness
- Naked Foods Braddon
- Natalie McBurney – Holistic Aesthetician
- Naturally Clean
- Norwex MMoore
- Oh Mabel
- Oliver’s Real Food Company
- Organic Energy
- Pure Pod
- Queanbeyan Health Foods
- The Food Co-op Shop & Cafe
- Totally Green Cleaning Solutions
- Wild Rose Organics
- Wholistic Dentistry
- Ziggy’s Fresh